Tuesday 14 July 2009

You Dirty Rat!

Well, considering how long the critter would have been swimming in the sewer before you fish it up, it’s a tad more likely to be filthy than clean…  Unless it’s a clean sewer?  (Isn’t that an oxymoron like “military intelligence” or “an honest politician”?)

Cute enough to hug.  After which you want to shower.

Financially, it’s been a pretty busy week.  Between my raiding needs (flasks, potions and fish), wheeling and dealing (with eternal belt buckles and leg armors), my investment in Fingle’s PvP gear and enchants, and the crafted Ulduar gear I’ve got on the AH currently (along with two Ulduar patterns that I’ve bought), I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel…  er, of my wallet at this point in time.  I also off-loaded those books of glyph mastery (at around 52g each), so that’s one less thing nagging at the back of my mind.

I made one small change to my glyph listing process (reducing the undercut value in auctioneer from 50% to 40%, which increases the minimum price at which my glyphs would be listed), and in the days since I’ve experienced both a reduction in overall sales along with an increase in price-per-glyph that keeps things roughly equivalent in gross turnover.  Essentially, it means I’m selling fewer items (lowering crafting costs) for more (increasing net profit) – this kind of adjustment would be something to bear in mind if you’re regularly listing items on the AH.

But here’s how the glyph market has been treating me this week:

For the seven days from 6th July – 12th July:
Total glyphs sold: 676
Average price per glyph: 9.26g
Average sales per day: 894.41g
Total income from the AH: 6260.85g

This wasn’t helped by a substantial dip in sales on the day I made the undercut change, but if today’s sales are anything to go by, this week could be quite a bit more profitable (only time, and sales figures, will tell).

Yesterday I did a few battlegrounds with Fingle (including my first visit to the Strand of the Ancients), and the decrease in her mana pool in PvP gear has been quite noticeable – I probably spent as much time drinking yesterday as I did while I leveled her from 70 to 80.  I also have to make up my mind whether I want to be dps or healing, as quite often my dps has been more than triple the amount of healing I’ve done in a BG – I guess my shadow priest upbringing is shining through.  But I think it’s time to put together a new UI for healing – Vuhdo has been suggested as an addon to look into.

healing_sm

All in all, considering how few healers there seem to be in BGs, I think I could prove useful in that regard.  But as the screenshot above shows, I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me.

But it’s time to get today’s glyphs listed, and fishing (and cooking and jewelcrafting) dailies completed, then time for some more PvP.  (Fingle should have her first piece of non-crafted PvP gear today!  Hurrah!)

/wave