Wednesday 14 July 2010

Catching My Breath

Post soundtrack: “Don’t Dream It’s Over” by Crowded House

I’m not going to say anything about RealID other than it’s reassuring that they’ve withdrawn the real name requirement – at least, for the time being.  Considering it’s still being implemented (sans the contentious bit), I’m calling it a draw.  Personally, I’m taking the opportunity to have a break from WoW – I haven’t logged in since just after the fireworks started, due to some rapid-onset disinterest in the game, and with the complete lack of new non-raiding content I have no reason to re-sub.

Anyway, my (over?-)reaction to the RID debacle suggests that this is actually a pretty good time to give some of those other MMOs still around a try.  I’m working on Star Wars Galaxies currently, with Fallen Earth and Ever Quest 2 at some later stage.  And I’m going to re-sub to LotRO for 3-months, so I’ve got a good selection of games to play – and that’s not including my purchases from the last Steam sale (including Guild Wars, which I haven’t given much time so far).

I think I’m going to keep a low profile for a while – I wouldn’t want my tin-foil hat to come off, after all.  Maybe some thoughts on SW:G and the others, we’ll see.

/wave