Thursday 11 June 2009

Glyphing It Up

With things still going slow when I’m not raiding (which is most of the time), I’ve spent some time (and gold – oh, so much gold) to break into the glyph market, as inspired by a post by the Greedy Goblin.

I can has glyphs?

Despite the poorly thought-through method I’ve used to start working on it, I think it’s going pretty well (all things considered).  Never mind that I’ve been milling herbs in my dreams – that’s perfectly normal, isn’t it?  (Although, I have to admit, I found the Gameboy Tetris dreams from my youth to be much more entertaining)

I’ve turned Bingle into my AH mule, and she’s been equipped with enough inscription bags to hold the myriad of glyphs that Mingle has been making – it’s getting closer to the one-bag-per-class level than I’d like, and I’ve only learnt 5 of the Book of Glyph Mastery glyphs so far.

One handy side-effect from all the northrend herbs I’ve milled, is having enough Snowfall Inks to make many Darkmoon Cards of the North – Pringle (who’s acting as my Darkmoon-card and general AH mule) currently has 6 different cards towards the Nobles Deck, which is used to get the very desirable (and profitable) Greatness card.  Two more cards, and that could well be an extra 5k gold in my greedy little hands, thanks to Darkmoon Faire being in town.

The downside to this, at least of my current efforts, is the time-consuming aspect of it.  I think it’s time to work out how to use Auctioneer more effectively (or at least, to use it smarter).

/wave