Friday 27 November 2009

They See Me Trollin’, They Hatin’.

Time for a change of pace.  After my recent…  failure to perform, I decided to take a couple of weeks off (just doing daily transmutes and making the various cloths on my tailor).  Well, time’s up.  I’ve decided to dust off one of my sadly-non-dwarven horde-side alts while I get back into the swing of things.  (I’m looking at getting returning to Mingle with 3.3, but that could be anything from a week to a month away yet) 

Some many places to go, quests to complete, alliance to pwn...

So, meet level 40 Troll Rogue, Dinglemouse the first.  Yes, my first named characters were in fact horde-side.  (There’s also an Undead Mage named Kringlenouse, but he’s only level 29, and a level 47 Undead Rogue named Ringleflouse on another server also gathering dust)

The first thing I did, of course, was to visit the barber.  (I think that’s what happens when you revisit a long-retired toon:  you look at it, and go “What the heck was I thinking - that haircut (or hair colour, or skin colour, or tusks) looks awful!”)  The second, of course, was to go pay for riding training.

After that, of course, I had to go kill turkeys.

Yes, they had it coming.  No, I don't want to talk about it.

I’m not sure where I’ll go next – it’s been a long time since I’ve been out in the field on a non-dwarf, and even longer since I’ve done any horde-side quests.  Perhaps this is the “something new” that’ll let me re-kindle my love for the game – or at least, to get me playing again in preparation for 3.3, and an eventual return to raiding on priest Mingle.

But there’s one thing that’s certain:  there’s still life in this old game – it’s the 5 year anniversary of WoW at the moment, and in just under a month it’ll be my personal 4 year anniversary of starting the game.

Now to find the Undercity flightmaster: there’s exploring to be done!

Look out world - I'm back!

/wave