Wednesday 4 August 2010

Guild Wars – Beaten By The Log-in Boss

I decided to log into Guild Wars and have another play around.  When I tried to do so, I found out that NCSoft have added a new security question to the login screen:  Name one of the characters on your account.

bah_sm

Guess who can’t remember the name of the disposable throw-away character, only created to have a quick play in the game with after buying it on special from Steam?

You know, it’s actually hard to beat this security question – I mean, it’s my own account yet I’m unable to compromise it myself.

Seriously, NCSoft.  You didn’t even think to warn existing account-holders of this change coming, before it went live?  And I feel sorry for players who’ve been on hiatus who may just get caught out by this as well. (Grrrr)

/wave