Saturday 7 August 2010

GW: What A Diff’rence A Space Makes

Post soundtrack: “Space Oddity” by David Bowie

Well, NCSoft’s customer service has gotten back in touch, and it turns out I forgot that Guild Wars character names need to consist of (at least) two parts.  Turns out the character I created was called “Mingle Douse”.  …Sigh…

GW in a nutshell: dated, yet still effective.

Needless to say, I’ve taken the precaution of taking a screenshot with character name showing.  It’s not of ex-Mingle though, who I’ve deleted as befits such a troublesome disposable character.  My new character is a Ranger/Monk called “Kay Pringlerouse”, who is level 5 and busy working through the initial Prophecies content.  (Sadly GW only has the option of humans as your character’s race – I miss the options of most other MMOs)

I’ve also decided to give City of Heroes a try – it was a toss-up between that and Champions Online, but I prefer the scope of CoH’s trial (no apparent content limitations – although there might be some, as I haven’t seen any small print yet – just a 14-day limit) to CO’s demo (limited content, but no time limit).

Unfortunately the downloader for CoH is irritatingly slow, it’s only managing between 50-90kbs, and has been running for about 13 hours so far – needless to say, no fun screenshots to speak of.

Ah well, patience is a virtue.  But then, so is preparation – and GW awaits my attention.

/wave